Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Mysteries of Providence

Dear NIWP cohorts:

I am pleased to announce that I have accepted the Media Technology position for which I interviewed last week at Ferndale. Woo hoo!

Honestly, the offer took me by surprise, as I was sure I had fumbled the interview altogether. At some point while trying to answer a very simple question, it felt as if my brain had frozen over and I was unable to articulate my thoughts. I was so befuddled at the moment that I felt like bolting from the room and never coming back!

I was told that I would receive word by Friday of last week. When Friday passed with no phone call (I was on my way to Missoula, MT that day), I wrote the whole thing off and went back to looking for a job.

Late yesterday, however, I got a phone call from the principal with a job offer. I was so overwhelmed by the news that I had to think about it overnight. Today, I am getting ready to pack a few things, and make plans for the move.

I want to thank each of you for your encouragement and input during our program. I feel like I can move into the classroom with confidence and poise. Thanks for making my July one to never forget.

All the best,

Timothy

P.S. Anna, let's try to connect!

3 comments:

  1. What great news Timothy. Isn't it funny when you think an interview goes bad and actually it was so much better than you thought? What a beautiful part of the state to live in also. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine you with brain freeze let alone bolting from a room....of course you got the job...you exude self confidence and present yourself well every time you open your mouth (well, almost every time)so glad your search is over! I haven't written a lick except to put a couple of syllabi together for my advanced classes.....feel kind of sorry for the poor little devils.... rigor is my new middle name! Enjoy what's left of your summer...lp

    ReplyDelete